Mahatma Gandhi Vidyamandir’s Karmaveer Bhausaheb Hiray Arts, Science & Commerce College Nimgaon, Tal. Malegaon is situated in rural area at Nimgaon of the Malegaon Tahsil, Nashik District of the Maharashtra State. The College has opened the pathway of higher education to the youth. The college is established in 2000. Formerly it was known as ‘Arts College Saundane’. A huge playground of the college provides an opportunity to the students to discover their talent in indoor and outdoor sports and games. The college will be a decent learning centre in the near future.
Hon'ble Samajshriee Dr. Prashantdada Hiray, Ex- Minister of Transport and Protocol, Maharashtra State, has started the college at Saundane to provide the facility of higher education to the rural masses by keeping The Motto of the institution is 'Bahujan hitay Bahujan Sukhay' and the path showen by Karmveer Bhausaaheb Hiray, the then maker of Historical Tenancy Act and the then Revenue Minister of Bombay Province, the founder of the two leading Institutions viz. Mahatma Gandhi Vidyamandir and Adivasi Seva Mandir on 2 October, 1952 at Nimgaon.
Hon'ble Dr. Apoorva Hiray, the Member of Legislative Council, Maharashtra State has migrated the college at Nimgaon, Tal. Malegaon by keeping the vision to convert the tiny college into the modern Educational Hub along with optimum educational facilities in the near future.
The college continues to impart higher education to the rural students who live in remote rural places. Majority of the students are economically and socially deprived. Along with facilitating the participation of rural students in higher education, its efforts are directed at providing holistic education that encourages critical and independent thinking.
- To provide opportunities of higher education to the poor, needy and especially to the down-trodden, and the backward communities of the society
- To impart quality educational facilities to the rural students
- To empower the rural students through curricular and extracurricular activities
- To promote the students to participate in the extracurricular activities
- To strengthen their mental ability, work ethics, commitment to the society and other morale
- To strengthen the communication skills, competitive abilities for the all-round development of the personality
- To explore the best possible ways to realize the noble ideals of Late Karmveer Bhausaheb Hiray, an unfailing source of our inspiration
- To develop the social relevance of knowledge
- To provide opportunities to inculcate integrity, innovation and excellence
- To work with a missionary zeal and be responsive to the social environment for attaining high-ethical standard
- To provide optimum educational facilities to develop skills
- To inculcate sense of commitment among students towards society
- To develop professional skills
- To develop virtues such as, secularism, national integration, commitment to social reformation, humanism, social justice and equality among the students